Alright, so the day belongs to all the presidents, but the bearded and mustachioed guys will always have a special place in our hearts. So here's to them, and a hope that someday soon we can liberate the faces of our politicians from the tyranny of the shave.
Presidential Beards Roll Call
- Abraham Lincoln — The most famous chin curtain of all time
- Ulysses S. Grant — Full-on Civil War beard
- Rutherford B. Hayes — Walt Whitman bohemian beard
- James A. Garfield — Full salt-and-pepper beard
- Chester A. Arthur — Musache and sideburns to full-on mutton chops
- Grover Cleveland — Wilford Brimley walrus mustache
- Benjamin Harrison — Full beard
- Theodore Roosevelt — Mustache
- William H. Taft — Handlebar mustache
No more kings! No more razors! Or whatever. It's your face. Just treat it right with the best in beard care.